If you are planning to move soon, you may be starting to feel overwhelmed with everything you have to do. One of the main jobs involved professional packing service and then unpacking your belongings. Here are some questions you may have about the packing services provided by professional movers, along with how we can help take the stress out of packing and moving.
Need A Moving Estimate? Get One Free Today!
"*" indicates required fields
What are the Advantages of Using a Professional Packing Service?
High-quality packing materials
One of the primary reasons many people prefer a professional moving company to do their packing is because the packing team uses proper packing materials. Consider how bubble wrap and other heavy-duty packing paper provide much better protection than using towels, blankets, and clothing for wrapping your breakables.
Besides using good packing materials, professional packers are exceptionally efficient and take their job seriously. These professionals are not only trained, but they have also experienced packing specialists who know how to properly wrap, pack and load all your belongings safely onto and off of a moving truck.
Unfortunately, when people use family and friends to help them pack and/or move, there is the risk of someone getting injured. However, you do not have to worry when you hire a professional moving company to pack and move your items. This is even more important if you live in a multi-level home as it is easy for accidents to occur when carrying heavy items down a stairway.
Just think about all the time involved in having to round up your own boxes. What is more, you’ll need to spend several days, or even weeks, packing your stuff. But when you use a professional mover, this job can usually be done in only a day or two.
What are the Levels of Packing Services?
Often, people do not realize that there are different levels of packing services provided by professional movers.
Fragile-only packing—This covers only the most difficult items, such as packing electronics, fragile glassware and china, antiques, and other hard-to-pack goods.
Partial packing—If you do not need help packing items in every room of your house, then partial packing may be the best choice. This can be an ideal way to save money as you’ll be doing some of the packings yourself.
Full-service packing—Just as its name suggests, full-service packing is when the moving company packs up every item in your house. Although this is the most expensive option, it can be done much quicker, and you do not have to do any of the packings.
What’s Involved in the Packing Process?
- Before the packing starts, the professional mover protects your floors.
- Then, after bringing in cartons, tape, paper, and other packing materials, each packer takes a room and starts packing.
- Besides marking the individual items that are inside each carton, packers also mark the box with the specific room for the item.
How can I Know if I Need Help with Packing?
Most likely, you may be wondering if you need help with packing. Consider that there are several factors that can go into answering this question. In addition to your budget, other variables may include those, such as:
- A lack of time—Usually, people need help with packing when they are forced to move on short notice. Thus, if you need to move quickly, then using professional movers to pack and safely move your items is your best solution.
- Too many items—Having too many things to pack is another factor.
Other Considerations to Keep in Mind
- It is best to be present during the packing.
- Keep children and pets away when packers are there. You do not want to slow down the process by having the packers be distracted or cause a safety hazard. Consider how tiny pieces and lose parts lying around can be dangerous for kids and pets.
- There are things that a moving company will not move, including live plants, hazardous items, and perishables. Make sure and discuss these items with your mover beforehand.
By letting a professional moving company do the job, you can relax, knowing your belongings are in good hands.
Get A Free Moving Quote Today!
"*" indicates required fields